About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

First Fundraiser and it was Fabulous!

I never knew my little girl would bring in such a crowd. Wow, is all I can say about the first fundraiser of the kick off to "An Ear for Graci". That has become our motto. Every since the article it has been remarkable the people that have stepped up and offered to help with fundraising. So for the past two months many people have been planning, advertising and working really hard to raise money for "Graci Brown". I can honestly say that this fundraiser was such an honor to be apart of; and we were so thankful that our daughter was even thought of.

Wilson's Got Talent.....Five local bands were competing for the title of Wilson's Best Local Band and it worked by people donating to their favorite charity. Each band had picked a charity and Easy Street had chosen "Graci's Medical Fund". All bands played all week at various restaurants and people contributed all week either on site or online. On Saturday night all five bands played in the big tent at the Shoppes at Brentwood. It was a big success and all bands jammed throughout the night while people ate, drank and danced the night away.

On Friday night the members of Easy Street, Matt, Jay, Mike and Chris rocked it out at the Doghouse Sports Grill. It was amazing the crowd that came out to support us. I never knew the love from others and how it would feel until that night. I believe you must love people and they will love you back. I have to thank my wonderful mother, who wasn't able to make it, for raising me to be who I am today, and for always telling me to treat people with respect, to refrain from disputes and to make lasting friendships. Because there is one thing for certain that there was love in the air; love for a little girl on a mission to her journey to her ear. There was laughter, joy, tears and hugs throughout the entire night. Nothing has ever given me more joy and reward than being a mother to Graci. I am so proud of her; all this has to be so overwhelming; but she will look back on this journey and realize that everyone was with her all along the way.

Needless to say, Easy Street won the Battle of the Bands and Graci was given a check my Easy Street to help with her medical expeses. The only regret I have about the night was that Graci wasn't there to here everyone chant her name win they announced the winner :) However, it was 1:00 in the morning and a girl has to have her beauty sleep but what a feeling when I was standing up on stage speechless with makeup running down my face and hearing everyone say, Graci, Graci, Graci. It re mined me of Matt singing the song, "Alright" and looking me and Thomas in the eye telling us that everything was going to be Alright. I will never forget that moment and when I am feeling down and blue that will pick me up forever.

I will NEVER know or be able to thank everyone individually but you know who you are. Please take this time to give yourself a hug, wipe your tears and know that we all will walk in victory because you have helped make this Dream come True for Graci. May the Grace of God protect you and be with you while we are away from each other. I had always believed this dream would come true and now I know that it WILL. Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue dreams do come true.

Thank you Easy Street, Dog house Sports Grill, Wilson Business Alliance and family and friends for a wonderful fundraiser for Graci Brown. It was a success and you all should be so proud!! God Bless Each and Everyone of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers