About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Busy Holidays!!

Since returning from our last trip, I must say I am very pleased with Graci's Ear. It looks better and better everyday. However, Graci doesn't think so. There's no more ponytails or ping tails or hair up anymore. Graci always wants her hair down and on her ear so no one will see it. I ask her all the time, "Does anyone say anything about your ear". She always smiles so big and tells me No. It's not complete, it's not done, it doesn't look like an ear yet. I honestly, think in my heart she was use to her small little ear. I miss it and I think Graci does too. I'm very thankful that we have come to this point in her life where she will have the dream we have all been waiting for but; I do miss her small ear.

Anyway, we have been very busy the past two months will holidays and visiting family. Graci has had a wonderful time playing with her niece and nephews. She has been healthy and just a sweet angel as always. She has had some mild hearing loss in her good ear due to the tube that has fallen out. She now listens to the TV and the radio so loud that you can't even hear yourself think. She is constantly saying, huh...what did you say?? Well, we plan on putting that tube back in next week at UNC and she will have a tooth pulled that has grown in her cleft. The tooth is dead and decayed and getting in the way. She mentioned to me tonight that they didn't want them to take it out because she would be missing a tooth. If she only knew the dental work that was only yet to come for her. We are just hoping that the tube will work and there isn't any permanent hearing loss.

Now, that the holidays are over, it is time to start planning again. We leave February 2nd for 10 days for 3rd stage ear reconstruction. Well, I'm little nervous because Graci will miss so much school; but, we will make it up and she will do fine. It's also going to be cold and don't like flying in February. God is our pilot and everything will be just fine. This has been one remarkable year for us. The generosity of the people brings tears to my eyes and I get emotional every time I think and talk about it. Well, we have almost reached our goal and to God be the glory!! Graci you are mommy's sunshine and you are so beautiful to me. My Wish for you is that you get all that you deserve!!!! In my daughter's Eyes I can see the future!!!

3 comments:

  1. Mary,

    I think her ear is really looking great!! I am sure there is that mourning that is typical to go thorough though. Love her beautiful Christmas dress. She is a little Princess.

    We are adopting our little guy Jon Jon from China and his SN is right side hemifacial microsomia and microtia. We can't wait to get him home as he is adorable and cute. He will need surgeries too. Your blogging about Graci helps me so much to realize what is going to happen to him etc.
    Thank you!!

    I know this journey is not for the weak. We already have another adopted daughter that is 10.5 with mild Autism. So, I do know what I am getting into.

    You don't choose your family.... God gives them to you!!

    hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredible to find your site! My little princess will be at Dr. Brent's office next week. We have our final post op on Feb 5th. Maybe we will pass each other! :) www.gabivansickle.blogspot.com
    gabi's mom jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is just amazing ~ Hugs and Kisses

    praying for safety of travel and God to Guide Dr. Brent.. Cant wait for Graci to finally get the last surgery over.. I know it has been an incredible journey for you all
    Tammy Miller

    ReplyDelete

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers