About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

3rd stage Ear Surgery

We arrived bright and early at the El Camino Surgical Center. Graci almost made us late trying to decide what she was she was going to wear. I explained to her that it wasn't a fashion show and that she was about to have surgery. She said, I know Mommy but I can't look hideous. I just chuckled and reminded her of the lovely pj's that she was going to have to wear and the gorgeous hair bonnet that they were going to give her. We had our bags packed full of stuff for little "G-Man" to do while we waited anxiously for 3 hours for the princess to be done. Griffin has always been there for his sister. I don't think he will ever make it through life without his sister. He often calls her "Grace" and I know they will be soul mates for life. Griffin will look back at his childhood and the highlight will be always being there for his sister.

Well, 3rd stage ear reconstruction was just as successful as the 1st and 2nd. I can't even begin to tell you the feeling you get with Dr. Brent comes through those doors grinning from "ear to ear". He sits down right beside you and begins to tell you all about the procedure and shows you pictures. It just makes your heart flutter and you feel all warm inside. He explained that Graci did great and that she was such a trooper. Well, in recovery she slept alot and complained none.
She woke up wanting ice cream and of course for Mommy to never leave her side. I stayed the night with her and I even got to sleep in the hospital bed with her. We painted finger nails in bed and made valentine's day cards along with putting on lip gloss and eyeshadow. We both slept so good all snuggled up to one another.

It reminded me of a song by Martina McBride. In my daughter's eyes I am a hero, I am strong and wise and I have no fear. But the truth is plain to see she was sent to rescue me, I see who I won't to be in my daughter's eyes. In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal, darkness turns to light and everyone is at peace. The miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak. I find reason to believe in Graci's eyes. When I feel like giving up I see the light in my daughter's eyes and when she wraps her hands around my finger it puts a smile in my heart. In my daughter' eyes I can see the future and though one day she will grow and someday leave and maybe raise a family. When I am gone I hope you will see how happy you made me. There have been so many times when I have felt like giving up and it's so hard to hang on when your heart has had enough, but when I see the light in Graci's eyes, I soon realize what life is all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers