About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Arriving Home!!

Well we couldn't have been more happier to see snow! You see our plane was delayed because 49 states had gotten snow. What was mother nature thinking, doing that to the Brown Family who was so eager to get home to the Tarheel State. We arrived at RDU with all smiles! In fact, when we landed, I shouted, "I love North Carolina". I had certainly had enough of the busy city life and was ready to get back to my roots. Well, GaGa was waiting right there for us as we were headed to get our luggage. I believe Griffin was the first one to spot him and ran up to him with his arms wide open. Tears were in all of our eyes.

The trip to Wilson was mostly of Thomas and his Dad talking about our time in California and all the incredible things we were able to do. Of course the kids feel asleep and were resting peacefully and I was able to gather some thoughts about "my little darling." I am so proud of her. I know that Graci is gifted in so many ways and she is constantly unwrapping her packages everyday. She truly amazes me!

When walking into the house it was such a surprise. There were pink and white balloons and streamers everywhere, banners, cards, candy and you could tell lots of love. A dear friend of the family, Missy Parker, had decorated the house and the kids room. She wanted us to feel special and especially the kids. They just loved it! In fact we just stopped what we were doing and started playing volleyball with the balloons. (Griffin's idea of fun). It was such a warm feeling coming into our home. Our family and friends have helped us along this journey more than they will ever know. Family is the most important thing in this world to me. My true friends have been my quite angels who sit on my shoulder and lift my wings when I have forgotten how to fly. Thank you to all of you.....and you know who you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers