About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Arriving in CA/Pre-OP

We arrived safe and sound in Southern California. There were lots of tears left behind. Graci and Mommy both cried together as we left MeMe and GaGa behind at the airport. Graci was constantly looking back at her MeMe and waving at her. It was the sweetest thing ever; and it just crushes my heart when she says, "Mommy, I don't' even want to go." Because I know deep down in her heart she wants her ear to be complete and to put this journey behind us.

We got all settled in our suite for the next 2 weeks and enjoyed some family time. We went for the pre-op and Dr. Brent explained to Graci that he was going to take some skin from her groin area and going to lift her ear off her head using her skin. This was going to allow her ear to look like a "real ear" producing a limited space behind the ear. She looked at him with her green eye and shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh, OK." We had explained the procedure to her and she never once asked any questions. She is so humble and I am amazed every day by her strength. She always finds laughter and is able to smile no matter how painful her situation might be.....she is such a survivor. I know that at times she is scared to death but she her courage is remarkable. It's kind of like the saying from, Mother Teresa, "I know that God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." That reminds me of Graci Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers