About Me

My photo
I am a mother of a beautiful daughter with Hemifacial Microsomia. Graci has changed my life forever. I am so thankful for every day God gives me with her. I believe God created her the way he wanted her to be; and placed her in my life for a reason. I pray that he gives me strength and guidance I need to raise her to be a beautiful lady. Graci was born with mulitple birth defects. She has already undergone several surgeries and now we have reached the point in her life where she will have ear reconstuction on her microtia. This blog is for family, friends and others to read as we go through this amazing journey in California as Graci gets her new ear.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

North Carolina Bound....OR NOT?

Of course leaving California is always bittersweet. We have really come to love California because this is well it all started, where this remarkable journey began for Graci. We have made some wonderful memories here as a family. It certainty has made our time here so worth while knowing that we are here for "An Ear For Graci". Therefore, it is sad and often breaks my heart when we leave. It will be extremely sad when we say our good-byes in June. We owe so much to Dr. Brent and his staff for the love they have for children. He often says at times, "I wish I could help them all no matter their race or financial situation". He truly has a a heart for helping children with mircotia. He is like an artist with a surgeon's hand. It amazes me how he can construct ears for all these precious kids. He has over 25 years of experience and has repaired over 1,000 ears. Just a remarkable man with such talent.

Anyway, we are suppose to be home, but yet I am sitting back in this suite typing up this blog!!! Why??? Our flight got cancelled due to the weather all across the US. We all handled it well except Graci. She had a meltdown and just didn't understand why we couldn't just walk home since we have been doing alot of walking all week. Griffin was excited we were coming back to the "hotel" to stay. It was such a disappointment because we are ready to be home and to sleep in our own bed. We are ready to see some subdivisions, rednecks, big trucks, less traffic, people that speak English and just the smell of home!!

We decided to make the best of being stuck in San Fransisco!! So we took Griffin to Hooters and he even got a t-shirt. Actually we were all starving and it was the closet place around. Griffin thought all the girls were gorgeous and Graci couldn't understand why the girls were wearing what they were wearing. In fact, the first thing she said was, "Mommy look at their outfits". She will often tell you "what not to wear". She often looked at me this week and told me I looked terrible or she didn't like my pants or shirt. It's really hard being a DIVA. Anyway, we enjoyed our lunch, but I think Griffin did more. He was playing football with the girls and Graci even got to hola-hoop with them. We had a fun lunch and it was just what we needed to make us all laugh after a disappointing morning.

We walked around Fisherman's Wharf which is the #1 popular tourist attraction in San Fransisco with lots of side walk restaurants, shops and other attractions on the pier. We were able to shop for our friends and families and just admire the beautiful and busy city life. However, this made us want to be home even more. Well, we are suppose to take off in the am and are NC Bound....we hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Ear For Graci

An Ear For Graci

Graci's Song

Graci's Song

Followers